AQU-RACY® Gravimetric Chips Dosing
The AQU-RACY® dosing unit was developed by AQUAFIL Engineering to meet the high requirements of the AQUAFIL Group. All factories of the group are working with AQU-RACY® for dosing of Masterbatch chips to different applications. Since the successful launch in AQUAFIL Group production, AQUAFIL Engineering has sold the AQU-RACY® dosing unit all over the world.
The AQU-RACY® dosing unit can be used in general for all kind of granules.
Anyhow most of the customers are using the dosing unit for Masterbatch chips.
AQUAFIL Engineering dosing unit (AQU-RACY®) has the following process features:
- Gravimetric dosing, chips dimension not as critical as in volumetric dosing
- Gas tight dosing unit, required for operation under Nitrogen blanking
- Standard material for product contact and housing is stainless steel
- No moving or rotating parts – no maintenance required, no danger of screw break or jamming
- Simple control system
- Data transfer to other process section
General features using a masterbatch system:
- Only basic polymer has to be stored and conveyed, product modifications are made at the single spinning extruder by adding the master chips
- High production flexibility, product changes can be made at once
- Larger variety of products can be produced in a simple way
- Low waste while changing the product
- Small quantities of special products may be produced
- Microprocessor controlled
Accurate dosing for any masterbatch directly at the extruder inlet.